Between a Rock and a hard place

Well today has been a Day let me tell you. But first I want to ask for Prayer for my Dad. Seems Like I have turned into the Parent and him the child in this matter. If you don't already know my Dad is an alcoholic. Well he has been living with us since he was laid off and could not pay his Rent. About a month give or take a few days. When he came here it was apparent that he had in fact not been drinking and he stated to me and Dave that he had been sober for almost a month at the time. Well the past few days I have noticed that he has in fact been under the influence. Dave and my home has always been a calm place to live with the spirit of God no contention and no weird feeling hope you understand that. Well Alcohol Brings in just the opposite and Tonight I confronted the man I have called Dad as long as I can remember. Not in a mean way in a loving tone I asked him not to drink here and not to bring it in the house. He got all upset and said who am I hurting , maybe I'll just leave then. He's hurting himself physically and mentally and it effects all who reside here or enter this house. I said well if that is what you want. is your Drinking really more important than a place to stay? he said it helps me. and I said well it's only a temp fix to a permanent problem. I don't think I'm the one in the wrong here. I never thought that he would put me in a position like this that he would respect me enough not to drink in our home. He has since apologized for making me feel that way I hope he understands that I do infact Love him I just cant and wont have it in my house. Please pray that God would enter his heart in such a way that he would have no desire to drink. he is leaving on Friday to Go camping and fishing with John and mike They are both pastors at Crosswalk christian church. I pray with all my heart that God does a work in him while he is away.









1 comments:
I admire your courage in this situation. I am sure it is a difficult thing to confront your father on this issue. I will say a prayer for you both.
Post a Comment