Friday, October 17, 2008

Learning to Tat!

So About a Week and a half ago I stumbled across a lady's blog through CWO She had this beautiful hand made work that she does Called Tatting. It looked like so much fun so I contacted her and asked her if she could recommend a book for beginners. She recommended The book learn to tat witch I bought on eBay and it comes with a DVD that is really good. So a few days ago after getting the rest of my supplies I sat down and started to learn and it is quite fun! I think the past few days I have even tatted in my Dreams. Above is my first work on rings and picot's. So far it has been rewarding to see that I am actually understanding it all and that I am having fun learning something new.

Tatting Tatting is a technique for handcrafting lace that can be documented approximately to the early 19th century.



0 comments: